This is one of our all-time favorite salmon recipes. The lemon-shallot sauce is great for so many different things. You can use this for a salad dressing or any type of fish. It adds a burst of citrus-herb flavors and is really easy to make. Throughout the summer months we also love to skip the rice or quinoa and just make a bunch of fresh veggies from our farm share at Good Work Farm in Zionsville, PA. The vegetables from the farm are amazing and its much better to eat what is growing locally in season.
Lets us know what you think. Enjoy!!
Salmon with Lemon-Shallot Relish and Prosciutto Chips
· 4 thin slices of prosciutto (about 2 ounces), cut crosswise into 1/2-inch strips
· 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
· 4 – 6 oz Salmon Filets
· Salt and freshly ground pepper
· Juice from 1 Lemon
· 2 tablespoons snipped chives
· 2 small shallots, very finely chopped
· 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
1. Preheat the oven to 400°. Lay the prosciutto strips on a rimmed baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 8 minutes, or until crisp. Transfer the prosciutto to a plate.
2. Brush the baking sheet with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and arrange the salmon fillets, skinned side down, on the sheet; season with salt and pepper. Roast the salmon for about 10 minutes, or until just cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the lemon juice with the chives, shallots and lemon zest. Slowly whisk in the remaining 4 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. When the salmon is done, transfer the fillets to plates, top with the lemon-shallot relish and crisp prosciutto and serve at once with lemon wedges.
* Serve with Asparagus and Quinoa or Rice.
Plan Ahead Tip:
- Make Lemon Shallot Dressing Ahead of time, it will last at least 3-5 days in refrigerator. Just allow dressing to come to room temperature before serving.
- Make a batch of Quinoa or Rice on Sunday in a slow cooker and re-heat throughout the week with various meals. Follow recipe on Quinoa Box or Rice Box, for added flavor cook rice and quinoa in Chicken Stock instead of water. During the summer months when we have our farm share, we sauté up a bunch of seasonal vegetables with olive oil and season with salt and pepper and skip the carbs.
- Wash and prepare asparagus ahead of time, place in baking pan, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place asparagus in for the last 5 minutes while salmon is cooking.