Last week we were having some family over for dinner and we realized that we did not have much in terms of appetizers. I checked in our freezer and found some Ezekiel Pita Bread. As a family we like to eat Ezekiel Breads or Sprouted Grain Breads as they have a higher protein content and are easier to digest. I used these and made the perfect "Everything" Pita Chips. These tasted great dipped in a little hummus. Sometimes the best things are made when you have to use what you have on hand!
Everything Pita Chips
- 1 Package of Ezekiel Pita Bread or Any Brand of Pita Bread
- Poppy Seeds
- Sesame Seeds
- Sea Salt
- Garlic Powder
- Organic Olive Oil Spray - (We use Nature's Promise)
- Pre-Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut pita bread into triangles using a pizza cutter. We cut them into 8 pieces, but depending on the size of the pitas you use that may vary.
- Pull apart the pitas so that you now have 16 triangles from the 8 pieces you had cut.
- Lay out on a sheet pan and spray with your Olive Oil Spray.
- Sprinkle with any seasonings you would like. We used poppy & sesame seeds, garlic powder and sea salt. Parmesan cheese would be a great addition too!
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until nice and crispy.
- Serve with your favorite dip and enjoy!!