This quick, easy salad was created for a kid's birthday party we recently held at The Farm. The birthday girl was into healthy foods so I decided to create this vibrant, tasty side.
Fresh Heirloom Zoodle Salad
Yield- 4-6 servings
- 1/2 lb. zucchini, zoodled
- 1/2 lb. yellow summer squash, zoodled
- 1 lb heirloom tomatoes, diced
- handful fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Arrange all zoodles between paper towels (this draws out the moisture) let them sit for five minutes, then press gently on the paper towel to extract all the moisture
- Place the zoodles on a chopping board and run a knife through them a couple times
- Using a large bowl add the zoodles and tomatoes together, season with salt and pepper
- Cover and place in the fridge for thirty minutes
- Remove from fridge, give it a stir and taste to see if you need to add additional salt and pepper.
- Rip the basil and garnish the top. Enjoy!!!