Yield 4-6 servings
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 large yellow onion, finely diced
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 4 tbs. tomato paste
- 2 c. chicken stock
- 1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes (I like the fire-roasted)
- 2 tbs. chile powder
- 2 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 14 oz. can white northern beans, drained
- 1 14 oz. can black beans, drained
- 1 14 oz. can kidney beans, drained
- 1 tbs. salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 zucchini, finely diced
- 1 yellow squash, finely diced
- 1/2 each of a red, yellow, and orange peppers, finely diced
- 1/2 a butternut squash, diced
- Add the olive oil to a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until soft (about 3-4 mins). Then add garlic and cook for another minute
- Add the turkey, chile powder and cumin. Cook until completely browned
- Add the tomato paste and cook for 2-3 mins. Stirring continuously.
- Add the chicken stock, then all remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, then drop to a simmer for 60 mins.