I always have a hard time taking the time to make a salad for myself. But, I'll always eat a salad that's made for me! No idea why. For whatever reason I enjoyed making this salad. It looks good, was easy to assemble, and tasted great!
- 4 8oz Salmon Filets
- 2 tbs. creole seasoning
- non-stick olive oil spray
- Box of Salad Greens
- 1 pint of Raspberries, rinsed
- 1 apple, sliced thin
- 1 cucumber, quartered and diced
- 1/4 red onion sliced thinly
Candied Pecan topping
- 1 c. pecans
- 3 tbs brown rice syrup (you could also use corn syrup)
- 1 tbs. coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tbs. water
- 3 tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs. lemon juice
- 1tsp. honey
- 1/4 canola oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Make the candied pecans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the brown rice syrup, sugar, salt, and cayenne pepper in a medium bowl. Add a tbs. of water to thin the mixture. Add pecans and stir to coat. Spread on baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes, stir, then bake an additional 5 minutes. Let cool. Turn the oven up to 400 degrees.
- Make dressing. Whisk together vinegar, lemon juice, and honey. Gradually add oil whisking continuously. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make Salmon. Line a baking sheet with tin foil and spray with oil. Add Salmon and spray the top with oil.