We love to grill in the summer, as I'm sure most of you do too! Flank steak is a cheap steak that if prepared and sliced properly, you have a wonderful result. This is a great simple recipe to take your Flank Steak to the next level. In the summer we will pair this steak with a big salad or serve with a bunch of fresh veggies.
Would love you to share you summer grilling recipes!!
Citrus Marinated Flank Steak
Yield: 4 servings
· The juice of 1 orange
· The juice of 2 limes
· ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
· 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
· 1 tablespoon chipotle chili powder
· 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
· 1 teaspoon ground cumin
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 2 pound flank steak
- Whisk the orange juice, lime juice, olive oil, garlic, chili powder, cumin and salt in a medium sized bowl. Place the steak in a large, resealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over it. Press out the air, seal the bag and marinate at room temperature for at least 2 hours or in the refrigerator overnight.
- Heat Grill to High. Grill Flank Steak for 5 minutes on first side, drop temperature to medium and turn steak, grill for 5 more minutes or until desired temperature.
- Move the steak away from the direct heat, cover with foil and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice thinly against the grain at a 45-degree angle.
Plan Ahead Tip:
Make marinade the night before and marinate steak or chicken overnight for added flavor and less prep the day of.
We also like to make sweet potato mashed or dice up a bunch of sweet potatoes, place them on a sheet pan that you have sprayed with olive oil, drizzle the sweet potatoes with olive oil and top with a little sea salt and cinnamon. Bake the sweet potatoes at 375 degrees until they are soft and caramelized. They taste amazing and are great to serve with this steak.